Working from home has been gaining in popularity both in Sri Lanka and abroad, and has become essential in the current situation. Many IT companies have been using work-from-home for some time, but it is new territory for other organisations.
New! Video of Digitally Signed Documents Webinar
– The video of the 3rd April webinar
– Presentations of the webinar on 3rd April
– Report on webinar by Ceylon Chamber of Commerce
– Electronic Transactions Law – Jayantha Fernando
– How to Digitally Sign and Approve documents using Adobe Acrobat (video)
Although not every employee can work from home, many people who work mainly with information, e.g. sales, support, IT, accounts and management, can do so. However, ensuring that people are productive is tricky. We must also ensure that working from home does not lessen security.
Working from home technology includes
- Communication – including text, documents, voice and video
- Collaboration and Workflow – ensuring people in multiple remote locations work as a team.
- Security – working from home should be as secure as working from office
- Reporting an Monitoring – to ensure productivity and quality
We also need
- Training – in using the applications as well as how to work from home effectively
- Support and Crisis Management – to keep people happy, and deal with ‘situations’
You may need information, guidance and support to design, implement and operate a work from home.
For more information see:
See how we can help:
If you have any questions on how your organisation can initiate work from home, please submit this form, and we’ll get back to you shortly. You may also e-mail us on email@example.com or call 0115-985-668 .
FITIS is the Apex Body of the ICT sector of Sri Lanka. FITIS members can provide comprehensive and reliable solutions for your employees to work from home productively and securely.
Work From Home Sri Lanka is an initiative of the Federation of IT Industry Sri Lanka (FITIS)..